Sunday, August 10, 2014


The NFL is Back!

This season I’m ready to put everything to the test. Everything is about to change. The last two seasons I’ve taken a break and stepped away from doing all I could to predict football games. I didn’t want to write, I didn’t want to do the work and I didn’t really care. I frankly lost my passion. After 16 years selling my picks on this site, I stopped. I still made some picks from time to time, but as I knew I wasn’t putting the work in that I could and should, I just didn’t feel right selling the picks. I was OK with my decision and I really thought about just letting the website go.
 
The summer of 2013 I was thinking about just that, just letting it all go away. Then, for some reason, literally out of the clear blue sky, I wanted to try again. I wanted to give predicating football games another chance.  I’ve been doing it for 38 years, and I wanted one more chance. I’ve been on the hunt to find a way to crack the code of football handicapping. I’ve tried many systems, explored many theories and even though I’ve been successful, I haven’t found what I’m looking for. I decided a year ago to give it another chance. I had a decent season, including hitting my lock of the year in Week 16. It felt great seeing a line that was clearly wrong, having the analysis and numbers to back me up, to having the game go exactly as I predicted and getting an easy win. That really pumped me up and I’m still pumped today!
 
After last season, I’ve got my passion back! I realized that even if I don’t enjoy writing, I absolutely love using my spreadsheets, doing analysis and picking football games. I’ve been doing much soul searching in the past year, and everything seems to be coming together. I couldn’t be more excited for the future! I mean that.
 
In a few days I’ll be laying out my goals for this season. I also have a few articles ready to go that concentrate on mistakes made by handicappers.
 
I view this season as a voyage of discovery. I’ve learned much in the past year, both about myself and about football handicapping. I’ve never worked harder in the off season as I have this year and it should pay off.  It’s time to put all my years of experience together with my knowledge and theories and set a course for the future.
 
Please be sure and check back here on The Prog’s Blog. Also follow me on Facebook and Twitter.
Let’s see what the future holds, shall we?

The Prognosticator is back!

No comments: